FOR YOUR EARS ONLY: Asking Alexandria: Stand Up and Scream

Courtesy of Sumerian Records

It’s not often a band that plays in the U.S. has its roots in the United Arab Emirates; let alone one that hails from the metalcore genre.

For the currently U.K.-based band, Asking Alexandria, this piece of heritage is just one aspect contributing to a future that looks enticingly bright.

On its debut album titled “Stand Up And Scream,” the relatively young band has nurtured and molded its sound into a unique blend of metal, screamo and electro.

The CD, recently released by Sumerian Records, debuted on the Billboard’s Heatseeker chart at No. 5 after selling 3,000 copies. Pooling influence from fellow U.K. bands such as Bring Me The Horizon and Enter Shikari, Asking Alexandria has created a likeable and listenable album that is sure to garner the band some serious interest from American music fans.

Though “Stand Up And Scream” may not be breaking down any barriers with ingenious nor mind-blowing, never-before-heard sound, it nonetheless is an advisable addition to the ranks of metalcore.

Asking Alexandria is currently touring throughout the U.S. with For The Fallen Dreams and Unholy in support of the headlining band Evergreen Terrace. For more information on the band visit its Web site, www.myspace.com/askingalexandria.