FOR YOUR EARS ONLY: We Shot The Moon: “A Silver Lining”

San Diego-based band We Shot the Moon is primed and ready to ride the success its new album, “A Silver Lining,” promises to provide.

Available online starting Oct. 6, “A Silver Lining” offers a smooth auditory adventure for quirky rock fans. Filled with vocals ranging from breathy to more authoritative and chock-full of piano accompaniment, the 11-track CD is a continuation of the band’s mellow-yet-varied tone that was set with its previous release entitled “Fear and Love.”

Rising from the ashes of lead singer Jonathan Jones’ previous band Waking Ashland in 2007, We Shot the Moon has been on an upward slope of success ever since. The band’s latest effort should prove only to strengthen its comparison to other pop-rock outfits such as Jack’s Mannequin and Coldplay.

Though most of the songs on the album are enjoyable and each is slightly unique, there is one song on the album that falls short. “Amy,” a doting ode to what one can only assume to be a lost love, doesn’t quite reach the standards set by “A Silver Lining’s” stronger tracks such as “Should Have Been.” Though melodically the song is OK, the idea of singing about and titling a song in such a redundant copy of other songs such as Plain White T’s “Hey ThereDelilah” and Metro Station’s “Kelsey” is rather disappointing.

We Shot the Moon recently embarked on its complete, two-month headlining tour this month, with support from the bands Mansions and The Record Life while playing on the West Coast and Lights Resolve and Destry while playing on the East Coast.

In support for it’s upcoming album release, The Silver Lining Tour will be rolling through San Diego at 7 p.m. at the intimate venue Epicentre in Mira Mesa this Thursday.
    For more information on We Shot the Moon, visit the band’s Web site www.weshotthemoon.com. For information on upcoming shows at Epicentre, go to www.epicentreconcerts.org.

Check out We Shot the Moon’s “Sway Your Head” on iTunes!