Crime report: Vehicle burglary, possession of a controlled substance

Vehicle Burglary

An SDSU student’s car was reported broken into on Oct. 31 between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. in Parking 7. It appeared the driver’s lock was punched out.

A duplicate car key and glasses were reported stolen out of a parked car in Parking 4 between 1 p.m. Nov. 3 and 7:20 a.m. Nov. 6.

Public Intoxication

A non-SDSU student was arrested and taken to county jail for public intoxication and obstruction at Albert’s College Apartments just before 12:10 a.m. Nov. 4.

Suspicious Person

A non-SDSU student was arrested, cited, and released for violation of campus stay-away order after he was found near Parking 15 just before 9:25 p.m. Nov. 6.

Disturbing the Peace

A non-SDSU student was given a campus stay-away order after he was reported to police for screaming profanities and trying to return an unknown object with no receipt at the SDSU Bookstore just before 12:30 p.m. Nov. 6.

Trespassing

Just after 2 p.m. Nov. 6, a non-SDSU student was arrested and taken to county jail for possession of a controlled substance, trespassing and obstruction. He was also given a seven-day order to stay away from campus.

Vandalism

At about 10:50 p.m. on Nov. 8, a glass-covered sign at the MTS Transit Center was broken after a rock was thrown by an unknown suspect, according to SDSUPD Lt. Ronald Broussard.

Petty Theft

A laptop was reported stolen from a backpack in the Children Center’s locker room between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 2

An SDSU student was arrested, cited and released for theft of a textbook and test sheet from the SDSU Bookstore just before 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 6.

Amal Younis, Multimedia Editor
Amal Younis is an SDSU journalism senior and the multimedia editor for The Daily Aztec. She is Egyptian, born and raised, and moved to the United States as an international student to attend SDSU. She started her journalism journey in Fall 2017 and has since written for news, taken photos, produced and created videos. Her passion for broadcast journalism will hopefully translate to any country she moves to after graduation. Follow her twitter @amalhyounis