REEL 2 REEL: Tale of the young teaching the old

Courtesy of Wikipedia

In a time of crappy movies, “Role Models” is a delight.

The plot is simple: After crashing their company truck, two adults named Wheeler and Danny, played by Seann William Scott and Paul Rudd, respectively, find themselves court-ordered to spend time with two young misfits in order to avoid jail time. In the long run, they learn a lot about themselves.

It’s the classic tale of the young teaching the old and what it means to be yourself. Admittedly, this all translates into a cliché family flick, but “Role Models” truly delivers so much more.

The film was not lacking in comedic talent. Actor Bobb’e J. Thompson stars as Ronnie Shields, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse plays Augie Farks, the latter better known as McLovin’ from the cult classic “Superbad.” These two are the misfits that Scott and Rudd must spend the better part of a month with.

The two young actors are priceless in their roles, and the dialogue shared with their grown-up counterparts makes the movie a giant innuendo causing viewers to want to scream, “That’s what she said” at various scenes throughout the film.

If innuendos and sarcasm aren’t your brand of humor, just keep in mind that you get to see Scott’s butt, which is a nice sight in itself. Depending on your taste, the film might even be worth the money.

Movie: Role Models
    Directed by: David Wain
    Distributed by: Universal Pictures, New Regency, 20th Century Fox
    Grade: A-