Hollywood Happenings

Celebrity of the Week:

Celebrity of the Week goes to Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat. This past weekend, Caillat surprised fans at the Friends’ spin-off coffee shop, the Central Perk, in New York City. She performed iconic character Phoebe Buffay’s song “Smelly Cat” and later tweeted in honor of the show’s 20th anniversary, “That was COOL! Singin @ #CentralPerk. My favorite episode ever #Friends20.”

Fun and games aside, Caillat has been known for her motivational messages in inspirational songs that encourages women to be confident with who they are. Her popular music video for the single “Try” shows the transformation of several women, including herself, as they first appear Photoshopped and then in their natural element, without any makeup or editing.

Sightings:

Jennifer Lawrence was seen supporting her boyfriend Chris Martin at the Kings of Leon concert last Friday night at the Hollywood Bowl. The Coldplay singer made a surprise guest appearance during the sold-out show and joined the band to sing a few of their most famous songs. However, the “Hunger Games” star was not the only celeb that attended the show. Other celebrity attendees included Ashley Tisdale, Lily Aldridge, Julianne Hough and Joe Jonas.

Oprah Winfrey supported Lindsey Lohan in her new play titled “Speed-the-Plow.” Winfrey flew all the way to London to support Lohan in the production and shared a picture of the two on Instagram. Lohan replied saying, “So thrilled to have @Oprah and @LupitaNyongo in the audience tonight. I’m a lucky girl! XXo #Myfairygodmother.”

Romance:

One of the cutest couples in Tinseltown just had a baby girl this week. Actress Mila Kunis and actor Ashton Kutcher, who met back in 1998 on the set of “That 70s Show,” welcomed their first child Wyatt Isbabell. According to US Weekly’s website, the couple announced her name on Kutcher’s blog and teased fans by posting eight baby pictures, making them guess which one was their newborn. Congratulations to the couple, and next up for them is to set a wedding day!

While Kutcher and Kunis are still waiting to get hitched, another Hollywood star got married after only proposing a week ago. Nicholas Brendon, best known for playing Sarah Michelle Gellar’s love interest in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” was married in Vegas to his fiancée Moonda Tee, eOnline reports. The married couple made the announcement via Twitter by posting a photo of the newlyweds under the iconic “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign.

Trivia:

Celebrity book edition: because celebrities don’t make enough money, they have to release a tell-all book!

1. This E! reality queen is in the works to release her own picture book, but it’s all never-seen-before selfies from her Instagram account. It’s just another project to add to her perfume line, clothing line and gaming phone app.
  1. Paris Hilton
  2. Nicole Richie
  3. Kim Kardashian
  4. Holly Madison
  1. His rise to stardom started on Youtube and took him to the top of the pop charts following in the footsteps of his mentor, Usher. His book, “First Steps 2 Forever: My Story,” was published in 2010 following the success of his first hit, “Baby.”
  1. Chris Brown
  2. Justin Bieber
  3. Harry Styles
  4. Nick Jonas
  1. This actress, known for her relationship with Ellen DeGeneres, took to her book to discuss her personal battle with anorexia and the struggle to stay healthy. “Unbearable Lightness” talks about this actress’ life behind the scenes of “Ally McBeal” and “Arrested Development.”
  1. Drew Barrymore
  2. Calista Flockhart
  3. Jennifer Aniston
  4. Portia de Rossi
  1. Apparently, there’s a situation. This “Jersey Shore” reality star can do more than show off his abs; he can help you pick up chicks! If you need dating advice, listen to this bro.
  1. Mike Sorrentino
  2. Danny DeVito
  3. Ray Liotta
  4. Brad Pitt
  1. This comedienne must like writing just as much as her Grey Goose vodka. Well, almost. Hint: One of her books even mentions vodka. Since 2006, she has written six books and had a very successful run with her own show on E!
  1. Rosie O’Donnell
  2. Amy Schumer
  3. Chelsea Handler
  4. Kathy Griffin

Answers: 1. C 2. B 3.D 4. A 5. C

Hollywood Happenings