Crime Beat: Bookstore banter, suspicious circumstances

Anti-gay comments

A man yelling anti-homosexual comments near the San Diego State bookstore began to draw a crowd on Friday, according campus police. He had no weapons on him.

Computer, monitor hidden

A man reported he found five IMAX monitors and one computer desktop hidden in the ceiling of Adams Humanities around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, according to the SDSU police media bulletin. Four of the monitors were still in the box and three were out of the box.

No people thought to be associated with the findings were around, according to the campus police. The man who reported the incident said he knew of a transient who lived around the area.

Four men act suspicious 

A woman reported something suspicious happening near the Starbucks on College Avenue at 9:25 p.m. on Sunday, according to the SDSU police report. Two men were sitting at a table with many bags surrounding them. A gray Toyota Camry pulled up and two more men got out. The four men loaded up the vehicle.

As the woman was walking by, one of the men looked at her and said, “Look away, sweetheart, and you won’t get hurt,” according to the police report.

Police were unable to locate the men after receiving the call.

Jamie Ballard, Managing Editor
Jamie Ballard is the managing editor of The Daily Aztec for 2016-17. She has been a member of The Daily Aztec since 2013, first as a staff writer and then as a news editor. Her work has been featured at Esquire.com, San Diego CityBeat, Student Universe, and several other sites. Jamie also works as an editorial assistant for Mike Sager, writer-at-large for Esquire and founder of The Sager Group. Follow her at @BallardJamie23 or email her at me@thedailyaztec.com