SDSU crime and incident report: suspicious activity, attempted suicide

Attempted suicide

A San Diego State student asked a residential adviser at Zura Hall to kill her on Wednesday night, according to San Diego State police. The student then began to scream frantically.

Police arrived at the residence hall and the student was taken to the Kaiser Permanente hospital.

Suspicious person

There was a report of a suspicious person at the Exercise and Nutritional Science Building near the ROTC center on Monday night.

The police report said the subject, a 23-year-old white man, should not have been in the area at the time.

“Officers identified the subject and determined the subject was a student and there was no crime,” San Diego State Police Cpl. Mark Peterson said.

Suspicious circumstances

Officers responded to a report of attempted pick-pocketing on the Cuicacalli walkway Tuesday afternoon.

A man attempted to grab the lanyard out of a student’s pocket. The suspect was unsuccessful and walked away toward the bridge over College Avenue.

After investigating, officers determined there was no attempted pick-pocketing, Peterson said.

Emely Navarro
Emely Navarro, News Editor
Emely Navarro is journalism major with a minor in Spanish. She has been with The Daily Aztec since fall 2014 and is the News Editor. She occasionally writes for Mundo Azteca and acts as a broadcast anchor, video editor and producer. After graduation she hopes to be a television news producer.