SDSU women’s basketball all-time starting 5

Courtney Clements, 2011-13

Courtney ClementsCourtney Clements was one of the greatest 3-point shooters the SDSU women’s program has ever had.

Her 77 3-pointers in 2013 are tied for the school record and she’s No. 3 all-time in career 3-pointers, despite only playing for three seasons.

She was also an Associated Press All-American Honorable Mention, leading her team to a conference championship.

Falisha Wright, 1992-95

Archive

In the glory days of the women’s program it was Falisha Wright who was the face of the team.

SDSU had a 50-11 record, including 27-1 in the Western Athletic Conference, in her last two seasons.

She is second on the school’s all-time leading scoring list behind Judy Porter (1,733), second all-time in assists (448) and second all-time in 3-pointers (206).

Chana Perry, 1988-89

Archive2

Even though she only spent two years on the team, Chana Perry’s impact on the program has stood the test of time.

She is the program’s first — and only — first-team All-American, receiving the honor in 1989.

Her 23.3 points per game and 13.1 rebounds per game back in 1988-89 are still school records. She’s also No. 6 on the school’s all-time scoring list with 1,445.

Judy Porter, 1980-83

Archive4

Judy Porter was to the Aztec women’s team what Michael Cage was to the men’s team — actually Cage and Brandon Heath combined.

Porter is the school’s all-time leader in points (2,318) and rebounds  (1,498). S

he currently holds 21 school records and was the first female athlete to have her number retired (No. 33).

She was also a three-time team MVP in her career.

Paris Johnson, 2008-11

Paris Johnson

Taking the ball into the post against Paris Johnson was not a wise move for opponents.

She is the school’s all-time leading blocks leader with 267 and single-season blocks leader with 94.

Her nine blocks in a game back in 2009 is tied for the school record and she’s No. 4 on the all-time rebounding list.

She was named first-team all conference in her first season.