GREEK BEAT: 3-18-10

Greek council elections
Interfraternity and Panhellenic council elections to fill executive positions for the next academic year are being held this week.

Three positions for the Panhellenic Executive Board were elected Monday. Kailey Aleto of Pi Beta Phi was elected as vice president. Melissa Huapaya of Gamma Phi Beta was elected secretary and Raquel Elbachri of Delta Gamma was elected treasurer.

There are 10 more positions to be filled. Positions are determined after candidates present speeches to council delegates.

Caitlyn Zang, assistant coordinator of Fraternity and Sorority Life, said they are trying to fill the positions before spring break so elected Greeks can get a chance to shadow the current respective executives for a month.

Candidates running for IFC president and judicial director gave their speeches Tuesday night at the fraternity presidents meeting, according to Zang. Results of the election will be announced today during the IFC meeting.

New Member Series
The third New Member Series will take place next Monday, in Hepner Hall Room 130. Check-in will start at 7:45 p.m., according to coordinator of Fraternity and Sorority Life, Doug Case. The event will be presented by Dr. Jamison Keller, activities coordinator for Fraternities and Sororities at CSU Northridge. Keller will give a presentation about the responsible use of alcohol, Case said.

8212;Compiled by Senior Staff Writer Reem Nour

GREEK BEAT: 3-18-10