Fourth time’s the charm: Lukas Graham graces the stage again at House of Blues, San Diego

The “7 Years” singer is back in action for “The Pink Tour”
Sumaia Wegner
Danish pop band Lukas Graham, consisting of lead vocalist Lukas Graham Forchhammer, drummer Mark “Lovestick” Falgren, bassist Magnus Larsson and keyboardist Kasper Daugaard performed at the House of Blues, San Diego for a fourth time on Feb. 9, 2024

Lukas Graham — most known for hits such as “Mama Said” and “7 Years” — brought in many San Diegans to the House of Blues on Feb. 9. 

The Danish pop band consisting of vocalist Lukas Graham Forchhammer, drummer Mark “Lovestick” Falgren, bassist Magnus Larsson and keyboardist Kasper Daugaard performed at the venue for a fourth time. For them, San Diego is their second home away from Denmark. 

Rozzi, an American pop singer who previously opened for Maroon 5, joined Lukas Graham as the opening act.

It was a standing room only as every seat was filled, but it brought an exciting vibe to the concert because all of the fans were on their feet, jamming out to the hits.

From children to adults, everyone was throwing their hands up from side to side, dancing and having a great time.

Lukas Graham performed at the House of Blues, San Diego on Feb. 9, 2024 (Sumaia Wegner)

The set had a backdrop that also changed colors based on the mood of each song.

Attendees were taken back to the older eras with Lukas Graham’s setlist as hit songs “Mama Said” and “7 Years” were crucial parts of pop music in 2015.

Throughout the show fans anticipated their hit “7 Years.” So once the band waved farewell, fans believed they would not get to listen to this classic because it initially was not included in the setlist. 

However, the band jumped back on the stage two seconds later to give the audience what they highly anticipated: an encore rendition of “7 Years.”

It was truly a magical moment to witness. In unison, fans throughout the venue waved their arms from side to side. Children got on their parents’ shoulders, couples embraced each other and friends stood hand in hand.

From the opening song, “You’re Not There,” to the closer attendees were captivated by Lukas Graham’s music and enjoyed every minute. 

Lindsey Brintwood
Lindsey Brintwood, Staff Writer
Lindsey Brintwood is a San Diego native, born and raised. Lindsey was pivotal to Poway High School's Broadcast Newscast, Yearbook, and Newspaper. She was an anchor for the sports sections "Sports Highlights" and "Sports Up and Coming" for the newscast, Titan T.V. She was the online and social media editor of her school's newspaper, The Iliad, and served as editor-in-chief of her school's yearbook, The Odyssey, during her senior year. At San Diego State, Lindsey is pursuing a major in Journalism and a minor through the Weber Honors College in Interdisciplinary Studies. At the Daily Aztec, Lindsey has had the opportunity to anchor for the Daily Aztec Live under the News and Sports sections, write for Arts and Culture, photograph the Men's Basketball team, and create multimedia packages. Outside of the Daily Aztec, Lindsey is a member of the sorority Kappa Alpha Theta, where she serves as the Alumnae Relations Director; she is an SDSU Ambassador, serving as an official tour guide, orientation leader, and student representative of San Diego State University, in addition, she is an intern for the School of Journalism and Media Studies, and a member of the Society of Professional Journalists, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, and PRSSA.
Sumaia Wegner, '23-24 Managing Editor
Originally from Santa Clarita, California, Sumaia Wegner is a is a double major, studying Journalism and Communication.  She started as a staff writer for The Daily Aztec, then became Arts and Culture Editor, and is now the current Managing Editor. Aside from her leadership role, Sumaia is also a reporter for the men's basketball team. Last year she covered the Mountain West Championship as well as the NCAA Championship. Sumaia is the president of the Asian American Journalists Association (SDSU Chapter) as well as the vice president of Culture and Diversity for SDSU's College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts. She started her career as a journalist while she was traveling abroad in Bangladesh, where she was a writer for The Independent newspaper. She wrote for the “Youth and Independent” section focusing on narratives that evaluated eastern and western cultures. Sumaia has received the following awards for The Daily Aztec: "The Inspirer," "Quest for Excellence," and "Best Section."