TURN IT UP: Seal woos fans with greatest hits compilation

Soulful, classic, melodic and poetic: These terms all come to mind when listening to the greatest hits album of the one and only Seal. Although his name is short and simple, his talents as an artist range greatly, from rock to soul and sometimes a combination of the two. His album “Hits” is a collective debut of the work of the British singer and songwriter from 1991 to 2004. Throughout those 13 years, Seal managed to create a number of chart-topping singles and covers that are still as respected and listened to as they were when they came out.

From his more popular songs such as “Crazy” and “Kiss from a Rose” to the singles that won him initial recognition as an artist such as “Killer,” Seal remains a consistent rock in soothing vocals. His raspy undertones remain soft and make listeners want to sing along to lyrics such as “No we’re never going to survive unless we are a little crazy.” Each song captures elements of human emotion and represents the passion within Seal. After listening to heartwarming songs such as “Love’s Divine,” the CD will give any girl just one more reason to be jealous of his wife, Heidi Klum. Spanning more than a decade of music, “Hits” features the best and most defining work of the soul singer. Fans can also check out Seal’s new album entitled “Soul,” which was released just prior to his greatest hits album.

Artist: Seal
    Album: Hits
    Label: Warner Bros. Records
    Grade: A-