SDSU basketball season tickets already sold out

After an overall record of 26-8 for the 2011-12 season and a third consecutive appearance in the NCAA Tournament, San Diego State men’s basketball fans can expect a full house at Viejas Arena for the 2012-13 season.

On Aug. 28 the team announced the home schedule sold out and there are no more season tickets available.

SDSU Associate Athletic Director Steve Schnall said while the season ticket sales bring in less revenue than if every ticket was sold separately, the benefit is in the buzz.

“It’s legitimately the hottest ticket in town,” Schnall said.

With an average attendance of 12,096 the Aztecs ranked 29th for the NCAA 2012 Division I Basketball Attendance Team Leaders. In the past two seasons, 24 out of 34 games have been sold out.

Schnall expects to see more national coverage for the Aztecs this season, as preseason rankings will most likely place them in the top 25.

“It has become the madhouse on the Mesa,” Schnall said. “As a department and as a community there is great interest in basketball without a doubt.”

The Aztecs are scheduled to play eight conference home games beginning on Jan. 12 against Colorado State. Fans can also look forward to seven non- conference home games prior to Mountain West play. That schedule will be released once it’s finalized.

“Honestly, this season could be the best season yet,” Josh Baskin, a member of “The Show,” said.

Baskin said “The Show” has a lot of new things planed for this season, but he can’t give specifics.

“The only thing I can tell you is that there will be some newbig heads that will get some laughs,” Baskin said.

“The Show” is teaming up with the Athletic Department, Associated Students, Aztec Nights and officers of Student Life & Leadership for Madness on the Mesa from 9 p.m. to midnight on Friday, Oct. 12. The event will be held at Viejas Arena to celebrate Aztec basketball with the first official practice of the season.

Baskin said this will be the first large-scale Madness on the Mesa event and it’s a great way to keep the hype going for the upcoming season.

“Everyone who comes out to support SDSU athletics is part of ‘The Show,’” Baskin said. “You don’t have to be sitting in the front row.”