TURN IT UP: Daughtry goes platinum once again

MCT Campus

Led by former American Idol contestant Chris Daughtry, the band Daughtry returns with a new album titled “Leave This Town.”

After achieving tremendous success with a self-titled debut album in 2006, Daughtry and band members Joey Barnes (drums), Josh Paul (bass), Josh Steely (guitar) and Brian Craddock (guitar) are back and ready to share with rock fans a sound similar to its first CD.
    Produced by RCA Records, “Leave This Town” is the band’s sophomore album and features a mix of modern rock songs and powerful ballads.

The first two singles, “No Surprise” and “Life After You,” were co-written with Nickelback’s front man Chad Kroeger.

Chris Daughtry’s unique, deep voice adds aggression and toughness to songs such as “You Don’t Belong” and “What I Meant To Say.” However, he also manages to transfer his softer emotions to more acoustic sounding songs such as “September” and “Call Your Name.”

Released last July, the album held the No. 1 position on the Billboard 200, Rock Albums and Digital Albums chart during the first week of August.

After more than 30 weeks on the Billboard 200, “Leave This Town” is still listed on the chart at No. 66.

In February, the album managed to hit platinum, following in the footsteps of the first album.

Band: Daughtry
    Album: Leave This Town
    Label: Sony Music Entertainment
    Grade: A