Crime and Incident Report: Public intoxication, trespassing

by Jamie Ballard, News Editor

Disturbing the peace

On Wednesday, March 16, before 10:30 a.m., San Diego State police responded to the Starbucks in College Square for a report of a subject creating a disturbance by speaking to himself. When officers arrived, the subject had left the area.

Petty theft

At 11:16 a.m. on March 16, police arrested a non-SDSU student for petty theft at the Aztec Market in the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union. The subject was transported to the county jail.

Ongoing investigation

Police responded to a call about two men loudly arguing about stolen items in the student courtyard at 4:02 p.m. on March 16, Cpl. Mark Peterson said. One of the men had reported his brother was robbed of his property at the union. A suspect has been identified and police are continuing to investigate the matter.

Battery

On Thursday, March 16, at 5:38 p.m., police responded to a call regarding a student who reported being battered by a man near Campanile Walkway. Peterson said the victim indicated the suspect hugged and kissed the victim on the cheek without permission. He was described as having a heavy build and the left side of his head shaven. Police took a report.

Public intoxication

Police responded to a call at the Nu Alpha Kappa fraternity at 3:11 a.m. on March 18 regarding possible vandalism of vehicles. Two SDSU students were arrested for disorderly conduct due to public intoxication, Peterson said.

Trespassing

Officers contacted a suspect trespassing in Peterson Gym around 1:30 p.m. on March 19. He was found to be in possession of identifiable, found property, and had made no effort to return the property.  The subject was cited for trespassing and misappropriation of found property.

Check the welfare

A man in a hospital gown sitting on the side of the road clutching a blanket was reported to police shortly before midnight on March 20. The caller said the man seemed disoriented. Police arrived and assisted the man.

Staff writer Alex Piscatelli contributed to this report.