Spear Sports Report: Aztecs Take On Tokyo

Brenden Tuccinardi
No one covers the home team like we do. Spear Sports Report, presented by The Daily Aztec, is bringing you courtside as our editors and writers break down all things Aztec’s Athletics.

Breakfast, the national anthem and San Diego State athletes are all traditional aspects of the American experience. In the same light, podcast host and assistant sports editor Andrew Finley is joined by sports contributor Nick Coppo to discuss the Scarlet and Black representation in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games on the latest episode of Spear Sports Report.

The podcast duo dives deep into analysis of each athlete and expands on the story written by Finley and sports editor Jason Freund outlining the six athletes a step further. 

While the athletes competed in a variety of sports and represented three different countries, they took home two gold medals and made Aztecs around the world proud.

Trinity Bland
Trinity Bland, '21-22 Managing Editor
Trinity Bland is a senior studying film with an emphasis in television, Spanish and journalism from Washington, DC. Her interests include social justice, entertainment, leadership and sports. She can easily be found watching Grey's Anatomy, a retro sitcom or listening to R&B music. Follow her on Twitter @trinityaliciaa.
Brenden Tuccinardi
Brenden Tuccinardi, Editor in Chief
Brenden is a fourth-year studying advertising with a minor in interdisciplinary studies. He has a passion for music, art and design and hopes to pursue a career in visual journalism. You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram @Brenden_Tucc