Savor sensual spreads at Italian hot spot

Bruschetta on a plate

Italian-food lovers don’t have to go far to find a worthwhile Italian restaurant in San Diego. Nestled in the heart of Hillcrest, diners will find a gem called Ristorante Arrivederci. Chef and restaurateur Antonio Mastellone has created a delectable and delightful menu of Italian classics blended with his own unique, mouthwatering creations. Since its opening, Ristorante Arrivederci has positioned itself as one of the premier restaurants in Hillcrest and San Diego, winning the San Diego Magazine Readers’ Pick of 2009 Best Italian Restaurant Award.

With a moderately priced menu providing delicious Italian must-haves such as lasagna and penne arrabbiate, Ristorante Arrivederci won’t dissappoint. Start with the carpaccio classico, an appetizer of thin slices of beef arugola, artichokes, virgin olive oil and lemon juice topped with flaked Parmesan cheese. Or choose from other seafood appetizers and house salads to get the palate started. Diners can also find classic and delicious bruschetta and fresh oven-baked bread.

On a separate “specials” menu, Ristorante Arrivederci features plates such as the savory house-specialty five-cheese ravioli in “mama rosa” pink sauce. Meat eaters can add crumbled sausage to enjoy a true Italian delight. Diners who are 21 and older can also order a glass of Capetta Asti Aspumante sparkling wine to complement the meal or a traditional glass of house wine as well. Everything on the menu is delicious, so don’t be afraid to order and share.

Guests are treated to quick, friendly and professional service by a dedicated staff that knows when to approach the customers and when to let them enjoy their meals. Expect personalized service as servers treat each diner as if he or she was the only customer in the restaurant.

The only thing lacking in this place is a stuffy atmosphere. Customers leave their troubles at the door and enjoy friendly company in this quaint but elegant restaurant with an authentic Italian look and feel. Regular customers will relish in the perks of this “neighborhood” classic.

Fellows interested in dining with a special someone should take joy in the fact that this great place isn’t going to wipe their college funds. She will be nothing but impressed when treated to Arrivederci. Talk over a glass of wine and enjoy royal treatment. Also, before heading out, remember to treat her to a mouth-melting dessert, such as the classic tiramisu and strawberry napoleon. She will surely remember the night as she is wooed with the dinner date of her dreams, so be classy and make that dinner reservation.

Stop by at 3845 Fourth Ave. San Diego 92103 or call 619-299-6282 to make it happen.