Bonnaroo lineup out, pass sales to resume

MCT
    Festival organizers expect about 80,000 revelers to descend on the 700-acre farm outside Manchester, Tenn. during the event. | MCT Campus

Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, held on a large farm in Manchester, Tenn. from June 7 through 10, has released its lineup. The festival’s headliners include Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, the recently reunited The Beach Boys and Phish. In addition to the headliners, the festival will feature the likes of: Bon Iver, The Shins, Foster The People, Skrillex, Young the Giant, Ludacris, The Kooks, White Denim and many others. According to its website, there are still more artists to be announced, along with a comedy lineup.

Named “the ultimate over-the-top summer festival” in 2008 by Rolling Stone magazine, Bonnaroo held its first festival in 2002. The festival is known for its awareness of sustainability and has worked to make the festival as green as possible, including constructing a solar-powered stage. As far as recycling is concerned, 68 percent of total waste from last year’s event was either recycled or composted. Festival coordinators urge festivalgoers to “heighten (their) global consciousness” and reduce carbon footprints.

Tickets were scheduled to go on sale last weekend, but were suspended during the first day because of overwhelming demand. Festival coordinators released a statement via Bonnaroo’s website, in which they announced more tickets will be on sale this Saturday at 9 a.m. Tickets include camping and parking and are currently in “price level 4” at $244.50 plus applicable fees for all four days. Prices will eventually increase to “price level 5” at $259.50 plus fees. Two-person VIP passes are available for $1,399.50. Those willing to brave the 2,000-mile road trip to Tennessee in an RV should be prepared to pay slightly extra. Event organizers also offer a free shuttle to and from Nashville International Airport.

For more information visit

bonnaroo.com.