SDSU challenges Aztecs

In celebration of SDSU Month and all things Aztec, San Diego State will hold a video contest challenging students, faculty, alumni and friends to create a video expressing why they believe leadership starts at SDSU. In relation to the current SDSU commercial that features prominent Aztecs doing the “I Believe” chant, the video should show passion, leadership and express that exceptional leaders emerge from SDSU.

The first-place winner will receive a trip for two to SDSU’s first football game against the University of Washington. The away game is scheduled to take place in Washington on Sept. 1, the trip is courtesy of the Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians. Hotel and airfare are included. Students also have the opportunity to win five six-month subscriptions to aztecsportsreport.com. All other prizes will be provided by the SDSU Bookstore and SDSU Dining Services.

Videos must be shorter than one minute and will be judged by a group of SDSU students and faculty members. Judges will look for the “I Believe” and “Leadership Starts Here” themes, as well as a unique approach to a connection with the university. Applicants must demonstrate their version of the “I Believe” chant but can also include images and any other form of media to express their passion for SDSU.

Videos can be submitted by an individual or in collaboration with others, although employees from the SDSU Department of Marketing & Communications are not eligible to win any of the prizes. Promotion through social media is strongly encouraged and judges will take into consideration the number of likes and comments during the judging process.

To enter the contest, visit go.sdsu.edu/leadershipstartshere and complete the online submission form and instructions. The submission period opened at 10 a.m. on Feb. 15 and will close at 10 a.m. on March 15. The judging and public comment period will take place from March 15-19 and the winner will be announced on March 20.

SDSU challenges Aztecs