Hollywood Happenings

By Tori Haynes and Brooke Schyler

The BET HONORS 2011Celebrity of the Week:

Jamie Foxx earned his spot as The Daily Aztec’s celeb of the week for winning the 2013 MTV Generation Award at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles last Sunday. Candidates for this award are people who have taken on an array of impressive roles; someone personable and memorable with exceptional talent. In 2004, Foxx became the third African-American to win an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in “Ray.” He won a Grammy in 2010 for the single “Blame It.” You can catch him in his most recent film, “Django Unchained.” His upcoming flicks include “White House Down” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.”

Sightings: 

Unless you live under a rock, you’ve probably heard weekend marked the start of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, a mega music festival in Indio lasting two weekends. A slew of celebrities, including Katy Perry, Victoria’s Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio, Lindsay Lohan, Julianne Hough, Clint Eastwood, Sofia Bush and Leonardo DiCaprio were captured among the crowd listening to music, playing carnival-type games or attending exclusive pool parties under the hot desert sun. We wonder which celebs will be coming out for the second weekend.

Controversy seems to be surrounding Justin Bieber lately while he was on the European leg of his tour, and it didn’t stop when he visited the Anne Frank House Museum in Amsterdam on Friday evening. After touring the museum with his entourage, Bieber wrote in the guestbook, “Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber.”

When news broke of his comment, celebrities such as Emmy Rossum responded, saying, “Anne Frank suffered WW2 and Justin Bieber hopes she would have been a fan? I have no words.” In Bieber’s defense, a source close to the teen singer told E! News, “One of the guides pointed out that Anne was a big fan of pop culture of her time and that she might have been a fan of his, which led to what he wrote.”

Romance:

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were seen holding hands while walking around Coachella last weekend.  It’s the most recent sighting of the couple since Stewart’s birthday when the couple was spotted looking for a puppy as a present for her.

Jessica Simpson celebrated her baby shower at the Bel-Air Hotel garden on Sunday. The shower was bright and colorful as friends and family, including Simpson’s sister Ashley., celebrated the anticipated baby boy. Simpson said she’d like to stop having kids after her son is born, according to an article on E! Online. This is her second child with husband Eric Johnson. They welcomed their first child, a girl named Maxwell, about a year ago.

Trivia: 

1. This actor lied when he auditioned for a role in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” by saying he liked snowboarding and soccer, but actually considers darts and pool his favorite sports.

A. Daniel Radcliffe

B. Rupert Grint 

C. Robert Pattinson 

D. Tom Felton 

2. A short summer stint in New York City at the age of 14 to pursue modeling left this new A-lister so “hungry” for acting, she gave up modeling and graduated high school two years early to pursue her dream in Hollywood.

A. Jennifer Lawrence 

B. Ashley Benson 

C. Brooklyn Decker 

D. Emilia Clark 

3. One trademark of this legendary rock star is tying a colorful scarf around his microphone stand while performing. Ironically, he is color blind.

A. Alice Cooper 

B. Steven Tyler 

C. Jon Bon Jovi 

D. Dee Snider 

4. When this singer was only 24, she lost her voice. Doctors said she would never sing again, but she went on to perform many fun hits in the ‘80s that are still recognized today and sung again and again.

A. Madonna 

B. Cyndi Lauper 

C. Paula Abdul 

D. Bonnie Tyler

5. Flash back: This rock star was known to be very controversial during his day. TV stations would not film him from the waist down because of his gyrating hips, but he was actually a complete mama’s boy. His mom used to make his favorite sandwich for him—a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

A. Gene Simmons 

B. Mick Jagger 

C. Frank Zappa 

D. Elvis Presley

Hollywood Happenings