Crime Beat

Bagging it up

On Oct. 2, residents woke up to a man rummaging through their apartment “bagging” up their belongings at 5:12 a.m.  The burglary occurred off Montezuma Road. The San Diego Police Department is handling the case.

At 5:25 p.m. on Oct. 5, a vehicle burglary occurred at Parking Structure 5, on 55th Street on the first level. The passenger window was broken and a laptop, wallets, Coach purse and clothes were taken.

Sexual assault on Hardy

An alleged sexual assault was reported to San Diego State Police Department at 2:54 p.m. on Oct. 2 at the Calpulli Center on Hardy Avenue. A mandatory report was taken.

Intoxications on campus

About 6:13 p.m. on Oct. 2, it was reported to SDSUPD that someone appeared to be intoxicated and unable to walk in a straight line at Student Services West. Police arrested the subject.

At 10:44 p.m. on Oct. 2, a seemingly intoxicated white male adult was seen walking on the westbound side of the trolley tracks near Canyon Crest Drive. According to the SDSU media bulletin, transit was advised to stop the trolley in both directions. The SDPD was notified and the subject was transported to University of California, San Diego Medical Center.

Two public intoxications were reported on Oct. 5, the first occurring at 5:23 a.m. at Parking Lot H on East Campus Drive. An SDSU student was arrested and transported away public intoxication. The second public intoxication occurred at 8:59 p.m. at the Albert’s College Apartments on 55th Street. An intoxicated woman walked into a strangers apartment; the person who reported the incident felt the subject was unable to take care of herself. The SDSUPD were unable to locate her.

Crime Beat