Crime on campus

Potential Transient Person On Campus

At 11:46 p.m. on Oct. 27, a “possible transient” person was seen near Zura Residence Hall on Montezuma Road, according to the media bulletin. The person was seen holding a 4 to 5 inch knife. The person was wearing a cloth to covering his or her mouth and was collecting cans on the premise.

Love Library Lunacy 

At 11:19 p.m. on Oct. 28 someone was seen unplugging large copiers and pulling signs off the wall and throwing them to the ground in Love Library. The man was described as wearing glasses and was about 5 feet tall. He was wearing a white shirt with tan pants.

Virtual Ticket Theft

At 4:03 p.m. on Oct. 30 a student at Tacuba Residence Hall on East Campus Drive reported to the San Diego State University Police Department that someone had stolen a photo of a ticket from his Instagram account. The thief then used the ticket on Oct. 26, the night of the concert. The student had purchased the ticket online and subsequently posted a screenshot on Instagram. The ticket was purchased from AXS ticket services.

Man Asking for Money 

At 3:23 p.m. on Oct. 31 a man was seen at Starbucks on College Avenue asking for money in an aggressive manner. He was described as a male in his mid to late 40s. He was wearing a black shirt and black pants with a white sweatshirt. Police were unable to locate the man upon arrival.

DUI Checkpoint 

On Oct. 31, SDSUPD and the San Diego County AVOID DUI Law Enforcement agencies held a DUI checkpoints throughout the College Area between 7 p.m. and 3 a.m. Officers from the SDSUPD, National City Police Department, Escondido Police Department and La Mesa Police Department as well as deputies from San Diego County Sheriff’s stopped 67 vehicles. Out of the vehicles stopped, eight drivers were evaluated for possible DUIs, one driver was given a DUI and  12 other vehicle code citations were also issued.

Possible Alcohol Poisoning 

On Nov. 1 and 2, two 18-year-old girls were reported to have possible alcohol poisoning. Both were conscious and breathing; one was transported to Scripps Mercy Hospital at 11:47 p.m. and the other was transported to Alvarado Hospital Medical Center at 12:53 a.m. on Nov. 2.

Concealed Weapon

At 10:26 p.m. on Nov. 2, a non-student was arrested near the Aztec Center pedestrian bridge and brought to county jail for carrying a concealed weapon. The person who reported the suspect told police the suspect asked to use his cell phone, but he refused. The suspect then began following him.

Medical Transports

Three separate incidents occurred early Sunday morning resulting in two 18-year-old females and one college-aged female being transported to Alvarado Hospital Medical Center. The first occurred at 12:13 a.m. on Nov. 3 at Tenochca Residence Hall, the second occurred at 12:51 a.m. at Maya Residence Hall and the third occurred at 1:05 a.m. at Zura Residence Hall. The media bulletin reported that all three had been drinking.

Crime on campus