Tasty Tuesday: Unwind at Clockwork Coffee

Lainie Fraser, Staff Writer

Clockwork Coffee Shoppe is a new coffee shop located on College Avenue.  While new, it has proven to be a cozy and inexpensive spot in College Area.

The space is warm and welcoming, full of tables and chairs as well as incredibly comfortable couches. The walls are full of odds and ends related to coffee and clocks, an adorable family photo and chalkboards customers can draw on to create their own addition to the space. During finals last semester, bottomless coffee deals and extended hours were offered. Quiet, welcoming, and fully stocked with coffee, Clockwork gets my check of approval for a good study spot.

Coffee is offered black or in a variety of flavors. The iced coffee with coconut, for $2.50, was refreshing and surprisingly not too sweet. The Choco Elvis blended drink held true to its reference with chocolate, banana and peanut butter. The drink was a milkshake with a touch of coffee, serving a good dose of sugar for any sweet tooth for around $4.00. The Clockwork breakfast burrito, packed with eggs, bacon, ham, sautéed bell peppers, onions, cheddar cheese and potatoes was delicious and filling for $4.35. The egg and avocado panini sounds strange, but it was full of delectable egg, cheese, avocado and bacon perfectly pressed between slices of wheat bread for $4.50. Both of the people who accompanied me to this wonderful hole in the wall ordered a drink and food for under $10.00. When served, I thought I might never finish all that food. But I cleared my plate — the food was that good.

Owners Gordon and Laura have employed students and created a great hang out for the neighborhood. Food is made from scratch daily and high-quality coffee and espresso is served at low prices. Clockwork Coffee Shoppe is a great option for studying or simply grabbing a cup of coffee with friends.

Lainie Fraser
Lainie Fraser, Staff Writer
Lainie Fraser is a journalism sophomore at SDSU. She started writing for The Daily Aztec in 2014 and  is currently a staff writer for the features section.