Vice President of Financial Affairs candidate Ian Fielden

Cristian Rangel

Position: Vice President of Financial Affairs

Name: Ian Fielden

Year: Junior

Major: Kinesiology

Why did you decide to run for Associated Students Vice President of Financial Affairs?

I have always been financially inclined even though I am a kinesiology major. I find it fascinating how money influences everything, so to be in this position would mean a lot to me because I could be an enabler for other people. My whole purpose in life is to help others, and I think this is the most effective and efficient way to reach the students.

What would you like to change at SDSU?

One thing I would like to change is specifically target areas of the SDSU student community that previously don’t have much representation financially. And I want to help them be the best organization they can be and help the students that they encompass, so more outreach. Availability of resources and ease of access. I want to change the way financial information is dispersed into a more easily understandable and accessible way.

How did you get involved with A.S.?

Throughout my life I had more leadership positions, I’ve had room to grow and through my fraternity experience in Sigma Alpha Epsilon I have realized that there (are) more people that I can meet and affect and they can affect me. And I am a big believer in you put in what you get out, and I see A.S. and I’m like, ‘Wow this is a huge organization and I want to try to get involved and see what I can get out of it.’

A friend of mine, Dominic Bilotti, also said, ‘Hey we can use you, I want to see you use your full potential and I want to see you do it through A.S.’ So I decided (to) run with it so he inspired me to run and  join.

What do you like and dislike about A.S.?

I used to be on the outside bubble of A.S. and it didn’t seem like an organization that was super approachable or easy to get involved unless you knew someone or had and in, which I luckily did. So that is one thing that I dislike and would like to change. I want to make A.S. more approachable and that A.S. is here to help you and if you are a student A.S. is here to help and your voice matters.

What are some accomplishments you’re proud of?

I have an internal drive to help others no matter what. Even though this position is financially related, as one of the top five leaders on campus I feel like I am the best suitor because I have leadership experience. I am very personable, approachable and relatable, and I’m trustworthy.

Emely Navarro, News Editor
Emely Navarro is journalism major with a minor in Spanish. She has been with The Daily Aztec since fall 2014 and is the News Editor. She occasionally writes for Mundo Azteca and acts as a broadcast anchor, video editor and producer. After graduation she hopes to be a television news producer.
Cristian Rangel, Photo Editor
Cristian is spanish major at SDSU, with a minor in Biology. He began working for The Daily Aztec in Fall 2015 and is currently the photo editor for the Spring 2016 semester.  He loves shooting concerts, sports, and anything photography related.