Crime report: Vehicle burglary, grand theft

There+is+currently+no+known%2C+immediate+threat+to+campus%2C+according+to+police+officials.+San+Diego+Police+Department+is+currently+heading+this+case.+
There is currently no known, immediate threat to campus, according to police officials. San Diego Police Department is currently heading this case.

Vehicle Burglary

Two vehicle burglaries occurred on Sept. 8.

At 1:03 a.m. a vehicle burglary occurred at Parking Structure 12. There was the theft of a wallet, and the driver’s side window was missing. The burglary is said to have occurred between 10:45 p.m. and 1 a.m. 

At 5:58 p.m. a vehicle burglary was reported at Mixquic Apartments. The vehicle was broken into through the driver’s side door. Paper work, registration, insurance, a pink slip and a phone holder were missing from the vehicle. 

Grand Theft

A bike valued at $1000 was reported stolen from Malcolm A. Love Library on Sept. 4 at 3:40 p.m. The bike was taken some time between 2 and 3:30 a.m.

Vandalism

At 10 p.m. on Sept. 15, it was reported that the tires of a vehicle were slashed at the Pi Beta Phi sorority house on College Place. 

Domestic Violence

At 12:26 p.m. on Sept. 16, someone reported domestic violence at the Aztec Aquaplex on Remington Road. The reporting party advised the male subject who was driving recklessly. The subject then pulled into a tennis court and was seen pushing the female subject.

Petty Theft

On Sept. 19 at 10:32 a.m. it was reported that a skateboard, valued at $110 dollars, had been taken from the Aztec Recreation Center.

On Sept. 24, at 4:14 p.m. a bike was stolen from Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union. It was reported that a male subject cut the bike lock and threw it into the bushes. The bike has since been recovered. 

Katelynn Robinson
Katelynn Robinson, '21-22 News Editor
Katelynn Robinson is a junior studying journalism and political science.