CAMPUS CRIME: 11-24-09

Suspicious circumstances
Nov. 11 &- Police asked a man to leave campus twice. The man was reportedly approaching females in front of Cuicacalli Residence Hall and asking them to vote for him. The man was seen there for approximately four hours. Police interviewed the subject, but no arrests were made.

Police initially received a call about this incident because the reporting party believed that the man matched the description of a suspect involved in an indecent exposure case. The two incidents are unrelated and police are still looking for the indecent exposure suspect.
On Nov. 9, a student reported being a victim of an indecent exposure. After a brief conversation, the alleged victim walked with the suspect, who was unknown to the student, to the Music building. After talking for several more minutes, the suspect exposed his genitals to the victim.

The suspect was described as a male, 35 to 40 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall and balding with bright blonde hair. He also reportedly had yellow teeth and a “strong musky smell,” according to a crime alert that was posted on campus and on the campus police Web site.

Multiple Fights
Nov. 12 &- Officers from the San Diego Police Department arrested San Diego State student Christian Biofara on suspicion of public intoxication. SDSU Police Lt. Lamine Secka said Biofara was allegedly the main aggressor in the fight. Although the incident involved 10 people, Biofara was the only person arrested and transported to jail by SDPD.

Nov. 15 &- SDSU Police received a call regarding a fight on College Place. The reporting party told police that a group of people were fistfighting in front of a fraternity house. The caller was uncooperative, however, and refused to give any additional information to the dispatcher. No case was generated, because police did not find anybody in the midst of a fight.

In a separate incident, police arrested two men after another fight-related call. A group of six or seven men allegedly surrounded another man and pushed him into a parked car. They proceeded to hit and punch the victim, an SDSU student. The suspects later ran off after reportedly stealing the victim’s skateboard. The incident occurred in an alley on College Place. Police were able to locate two of the suspects in a nearby church parking lot. Sedric Johnson, 20, and Keith Stewart, 19, were both arrested and transported to jail on suspicion of conspiracy to commit a crime, robbery and battery with injury. Both men are unaffiliated with SDSU.

Battery
Nov. 16 &- A faculty member was pushed by someone in Parking Structure 8. The victim was pushed after he confronted the subject for throwing cones off the side of the structure. The subject was reportedly upset that the cones were blocking parking spaces. The faculty member filed a crime report with police, but the subject has not yet been located. He was described as male, 5 feet 8 inches tall and 180 pounds. He was seen wearing sunglasses, a blue shirt, dark pants and a brown backpack.

8212;Compiled by Senior Staff Writer Kristina Blake

CAMPUS CRIME: 11-24-09