Paqui: Rush Week for Kiori

Follow Kiori @kikikiori

By Kiori Snyder

It felt like speed dating.

I walked into each house and talked to three or three girls for a few minutes, trying to get to know them as well as possible in such a short amount of time. I had heard all the rumors — the good and the bad — but I decided to go into rush week with an open mind.

Lucky for me, it’s been a great experience. I was already pumped after the first day of rush, and felt so much more at ease — I knew I was ready for anything.

But two months ago I freaked out about rushing a sorority. Four days of looking your best, smiling until your cheeks hurt and having silly songs sung to you sounded a little overwhelming. Questions were racing through my mind — what if they don’t like me? What if I don’t get called back to the house I want?

For some girls, the selection process can get really stressful, but I have been basing it all on what kind of vibe I have been getting from each house. At some, I feel completely at home and can really see myself there, and at others I feel the complete opposite. I just want somewhere I can call my home away from home; somewhere I can be my complete self and feel secure with a support system of “sisters” behind my every step. But in the end, I know that whatever house I end up in will be the one I was meant to be in.

Check in next week to find out which which house I end up in — I can’t wait!

You can read Kiori’s first blog post here and follow her journey as an SDSU freshman every Monday.

Paqui: Rush Week for Kiori