Tickets to go on sale

Student tickets for the Wooden Classic, which features the San Diego State men’s basketball team and University of California, Los Angeles at the Honda Center in Anaheim, go on sale at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16 at the Viejas Arena Box Office.

Of the 1,000 tickets available for students, 500 are located in the lower bowl section of the Honda Center. Tickets are available for $15 for current students who present a valid RedID. Students may begin lining up no earlier than 6 a.m. The game is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1.

Non-students interested in purchasing tickets for the highly anticipated matchup are encouraged to call the Aztec Ticket Office at 619-283-7378. SDSU and UCLA, who are both ranked in the preseason Top 15, have met 21 times since 1922, most recently in 1991. The Bruins own a 16-5 series lead and have won eight straight. However, the Aztecs have won nine straight against current Pacific-12 schools, including a 3-0 mark in 2011-12.

SDSU, which is coming off a season in which it finished with a record of 26-8, returns four of its five starters and its top four scorers from last season. The Aztecs have won at least

25 games in each of its last four seasons and appeared in the NCAA Tournament in each of the last three seasons.

Tickets to go on sale