Hollywood Happenings

By Tori Haynes and Brooke Schyler

55th Annual Grammy AwardsCelebrity of the week: 

The Daily Aztec readers might be surprised that the two of us are naming Chris Brown as the celebrity of the week because of his rocky and turbulent past, but the singer used his fame and artistic skills for good this weekend.  On Friday, Brown collaborated with graffiti artist Richard “Slick” Wyragatscht to paint original pieces that will be auctioned off for charity. “Painting today with ‘Slick. An amazing artist. Gonna be a big collaboration for charity. Do what u love!” Brown tweeted. Proceeds from the artwork will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation and Best Buddies International.

Romance: 

Several media sources report professional golfer Tiger Woods and Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn are officially a couple. The two had been friends for some time and decided to take it to the next level by dating a few months ago. Woods posted photos of himself with the blonde beauty on his Facebook page and both athletes commented publicly on their relationship saying they are in fact dating but want the public to respect their privacy.

While it’s just the beginning for Woods and Vonn, it seems as if it’s the end of radio personality and TV host Ryan Seacrest’s relationship with actress Julianne Hough.  According to E! Entertainment Television, which Seacrest works for, the couple of more than two years decided to split up because of their busy schedules keeping them apart. E! continued to report that they will remain friends.

Sightings: 

Jessica Alba made an appearance at a book-signing event at Vroman’s Bookstore in Pasadena last weekend. “The Honest Life” is the 31-year-old actress’ new book, which helps people find reliable information about safe, stylish and affordable products.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, one of the most successful sister duos in Hollywood, were spotted at the Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards nominations in New York City. The actual event will be held on June 3.

Trivia:

1. This actor was once the manager of a pasta shop in Toronto. He co-starred in a romantic film opposite Sandra Bullock. He learned more than 20 martial arts moves for “The Matrix” trilogy.

A. Dwayne Johnson

B. Bradley Cooper

C. George Clooney

D. Keanu Reeves

2. This actress is known for her low-pitched, husky voice. Despite the many colors she’s sported, her natural hair color is blonde. She is currently dating “The Amazing Spider-Man” actor Andrew Garfield.

A. Lindsay Lohan

B. Emma Watson

C. Emma Stone

D. Kylie Jenner

3. The celebrity has two brothers who are also successful actors. He got married in 2010 and has one child. He entered the Australian version of “Dancing with the Stars” in 2006, and his first Hollywood appearance was in “Star Trek” in 2009.

A. Chris Hemsworth

B. Matthew Lawrence

C. Chris Evans

D. Mark Wahlberg

4. This actress and country singer grew up in Checotah, Okla. and has no formal training in voice or singing. She also has four top-selling albums, but initially found fame on “American Idol.”

A. Faith Hill

B. Carrie Underwood

C. Miranda Lambert

D. Taylor Swift

5. This person writes, produces and stars in a show on the E! Entertainment Television. He was cast in a Burger King commercial as an office jerk in his early acting days. He appears younger than his actual age of 41 years old.

A. Joel McHale

B. Ryan Seacrest

C. Carson Daly

D. Nick Cannon

Hollywood Happenings