SDSU student dies after falling off roof

by David Hernandez, News Editor

8:15 p.m. update: Melissa Kennon was a sophomore studying psychology, according to a press release from San Diego State.

SDSU’s Vice President of Student Affairs Eric Rivera expressed his condolences on behalf of the university in a statement:

Our community is deeply saddened by the passing of Melissa Kennon. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends and loved ones, who have shared with us how much Melissa loved SDSU. It is heartbreaking when a young life is lost. We will honor Melissa by sharing strength and support with one another as we process through this difficult time.

3:50 p.m. update: Melissa Kennon, 19, died at 9:50 a.m. on Nov. 7, according to the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office.

She was a member of San Diego State’s Kappa Delta sorority.

Original post: A San Diego State female student died Friday morning after falling off a roof at Paseo Place Apartments near SDSU.

After the fall, the 19-year-old student had been in critical condition at Scripps Mercy Hospital but eventually succumbed to her injuries, according to the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office

The student fell off the roof at approximately 4 a.m. and was transported to the hospital, according to a SDSU Police Department media log.

Check back for updates as the story develops. 

2 Responses to “SDSU student dies after falling off roof”

1. Kurt Wellman on November 7th, 2014 5:18 pm

Rest In Peace My Aztec Sister. #Aztec4Life

2. Maryanne on November 8th, 2014 2:34 pm

So very sad…thoughts of peace to Melissa’s Family as well as to all that knew her.
    Once again, and all too soon, heartbreak at Kappa Delta.