Pantera’s metal masterpiece

Courtesy of  WEA Records
Courtesy of WEA Records

If any band was to make a fierce comeback in the world of metal, it would undoubtedly be Pantera.

With the release of its album “Reinventing the Steel” in 2000, a new wave of energy flowed through the band and ultimately solidified its survival of every metal “trend” ever imposed upon it. This album speaks for itself, with its powerful and supremely skilled guitar riffs and its thought provoking yet “We don’t give a f—” lyrical compositions. Drummer Vinnie Paul and guitarist “Dimebag” Darrell definitely stand out as big name players in this album as its producers, while still allowing front man Philip Anselmo equal face time. This album is jam-packed with extraordinary songs such as “Goddamn Electric” and “Revolution Is My Name,” which are undoubtedly reflective of the band’s exquisite ability to write, produce and perform songs uniquely its own. From beginning to end, the album flows successfully with a distinct and progressively vicious tone.

As the band’s second-to-last album before its eventual break up and the untimely death of Darrell, it exists as a superior example of the band’s overwhelming success and intrigue. Though the band is now through, the various side projects that spurred from it still exist today and live on to demonstrate the individual dynamics of pure metallic infamy.

Pantera’s metal masterpiece