Track and field competes in three different invitationals

Aztecs take home first place in 4×100 relay race and women’s 100m race
Image courtesy of San Diego State Athletics. (Justin Fine, SDSU Athletics)

The San Diego State’s track and field team competed in the Mike Fanelli Classic, the Stanford Invitational and the Arnie Robinson Invitational over the weekend.

The performance of SDSU’s 4x100m relay team highlighted the weekend. 

Aji Mybe, Jada Moore, Jada Pierre, and Hannah Waller had a 44.31 time as they won the 4x100m relay race.

The performance is also the tenth fastest time in school history.  

At the Arnie Robinson Invitational, SDSU’s Hannah Walker won the Women’s 100m race with a time of 11.35.

Her teammate, Aji Mybe finished in a close second place. 

Aztecs’ Jessica Kain finished fifth place in the women’s 1500-meter run. Riley Chamberlain (BYU) won the competition with a time of 4:11.

Kain had a time of 4:15 and broke former SDSU track and field star Lynn Kanuka for the fastest 1500-meter run by a senior.

Alex Lomeli placed fourth in the 800m race at the Stanford Invitational. Tatum Zinkin also raced in the 800m race at the Mike Fanelli Classic, placing fifth. 

The next track and field meet will be Friday, Apr. 5 and Saturday, Apr 6. at UCSD.

Mac Pham
Mac Pham, Staff Writer
Mac Pham is a Journalism major and a senior transfer student from Palomar Community College. He joined the Daily Aztec in 2023. Writing stories, story telling, reading and talking to people is something he enjoys doing, so he figured why not talk sports with that. His favorite aspect of sports writing is being an analyst and breaking down the details of a football or a basketball game. In his spare time, Mac is an avid swimmer and likes to play basketball. He hopes to be a sports writer whose calling card is writing articles filled with sports analysis. Mac is bilingual in Vietnamese.