Campus Calendar

Today

* Peter Gach will play the piano at noon in Smith Recital Hall. This event is free. For details, call 594-6020.

* The San Diego Latino Film Festival continues at 5 p.m. in the Backdoor, lower Aztec Center. The festival will run through Friday.

* Rachel Feldhay Brenner will lecture about women and Judaism at 3 p.m. in Nasatir Hall, Room 100.

* “Math Wars,” a lecture on K-12 mathematic standards, will be held at 3:30 p.m. in Scripps Cottage.

* The Associated Anthropology Students will sell baked goods from 8 a.m. to noon in Aztec Center.

* Sociedad Latina meets weekly at 3 p.m. in Calmecac, lower Aztec Center. For details, contact Nancy at 461-5572 or ntamayo@ rohan.sdsu.edu.

* The Finance and Investment Society meets weekly at 5:30 p.m. in Business Administration and Mathematics, Room 439. For details, call Jason at 582-4796 or access http://www.rohan.sdsu.edu/dept/fis.

* The Field Biology Club sells fresh gourmet bagels weekly from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the main entrance to the Life Sciences building. Coffee, juice and T-shirts also are sold.

* A men’s group in which participants can discuss and learn about relationships with women, parents and family; leadership roles; and a variety of other topics facing men in contemporary society meets weekly from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call Counseling & Psychological Services at 594-5220 for meeting location and details.

* A stress-management group meets weekly from noon to 1 p.m. For details, call 594-5220.

* An anger-management group meets weekly from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Call 594-5220 for details.

* The Student Health Advisory Board meets weekly at 10 a.m. in Aztlan, lower Aztec Center. Everyone is welcome. For details, call 594-6617.

* A support group designed to explore ethical issues meets weekly from 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. For details, call 594-5220.

* The Asian Pacific Student Alliance meets weekly at noon. For details and location, call 594-4685 or e-mail apsa@rohan. sdsu.edu.

* The Pre-Veterinary Club will have its weekly meeting at 2 p.m. in Life Sciences, Room 132. For details, call Monica at 566-7335 or send e-mail to gabourel@rohan. sdsu.edu. Everyone is welcome.

* The Student Environmental Action Committee meets weekly at 5 p.m. in Aztlan, lower Aztec Center. The purpose of the group is to make human actions more efficient and responsible. The group also works to educate the public and SDSU population on political and ecological issues. For more details, call Georgette at 697-2027.

* The Pre-Law Society meets weekly at 2 p.m. in Quetzalcoatl, lower Aztec Center.

Tomorrow

* Caravana will perform Afro-Latino fusion at noon on Monty’s Patio.

* Feng-Shui speaker Dr. Katherine Woo will speak to the American Society of Interior Designers at 6:30 p.m. in the Art Building, Room 512B. The event costs $2 for non-members, and $3 for faculty and staff members.

* The Golden Key National Honor Society will have its first meeting at 5 p.m. in Hepner Hall, Room 221. For details, call 783-6772.

* Susan Straight, a novelist and short-story writer, will appear at 7 p.m. in Casa Real, Aztec Center.

* Weekly meditations are held at 3 p.m. in the Intersection House, 5717 Lindo Paseo. For details, call 286-5070.

* A Counseling & Psychological Services group focused on performance anxiety for music, dance and drama students meets weekly from 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. This group can be taken for one academic credit. For details, call 594-5220.

* Al-Anon, a self-help organization for friends and families of those suffering from alcoholism and drug abuse, will have an open meeting from noon to 1 p.m. in Student Services, Room 2109. For details, call 594-5220.

* The Asian/Pacific Islander American Students’ Group meets weekly from 11 a.m. to noon. This Counseling & Psychological Services group will focus on effective communication skills, time-management strategies, study skills and stress-reduction techniques. Call 594-5220 for details.

* “Relationship Skills” will be the topic of two six-week groups and one semester-long group, focusing on useful skills for understanding the nature of relationships. For details, call Counseling & Psychological Services at 594-5220.

* The second part of the future-teacher forum will be from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in Chemistry/Geology, Room 333. Multiple-subject programs will be discussed.

Friday, March 6

* Papagayo will perform at 10 a.m. on Monty’s Patio.

* This is the final day of the San Diego Latino Film Festival. The festival begins at 5 p.m. in the Backdoor, lower Aztec Center.

* Alcoholics Anonymous meets weekly at noon in Student Services, Room 2109. For details, call Walt Rutherford at 594-5220.

* “First Step To Excellence,” a 12-session group for people who suspect or know they have a problem with alcohol or substance abuse, meets weekly from 11 a.m. to noon. For details, call 594-5220.

* International coffee hour is held weekly at noon in the International Student Center. The event is free.

Campus Calendar