City Story

A 20-year-old man was arrested Saturday after allegedlythreatening a Grossmont student with an imitation gun that witnessessaid they thought was real.

Officers were flagged down by the victim at 1:20 a.m. at the 5600block of Hardy Avenue.

According to police reports, the victim said the man, who waslater identified as Esteban Ramirez, of the 500 block of MarbleStreet, was arguing with another man in the J-lot when she and herfriend pulled up to park their car.

The victim’s statement said the two men walked up to the women andbegan to swear at them. According to reports, Ramirez thenhead-butted her. In the victim’s statement, she said she did not seethe gun.

However, according to a witness’ report, Ramirez pointed thedevice at the victim’s head and then at her chest in a threateningmanner. He then allegedly pointed the gun at a group of the victim’sfriends.

The women later identified a man in the parking lot as the manRamirez had been arguing with.

According to police reports, when officers approached the man,Dimitrius Cannon, 19, of the 3900 block of Merias Drive, he began torun. Officers followed him to the Piedra del Sol apartment complex,where they caught up with him.

According to reports, Cannon said he had come to a party withRamirez and Ramirez was still in the apartment complex.

Officers then located him sleeping on a couch in an apartment atthe 5600 block of Hardy Avenue. The victim then placed him undercitizen’s arrest and officers took him into custody.

While searching Ramirez’s vehicle, officials found a plastic toygun that looked like a black Colt automatic handgun.

He was taken to county jail for possession of an imitationfirearm.

Police arrested Cannon for allegedly resisting arrest and forbeing intoxicated in public.

Fraternity member burglarized

A Kappa Sigma fraternity member returned from a weekend trip tofind his room had been broken into and several possessions had beenstolen.

Police reports show the burglary occurred sometime between Dec. 6and Dec. 9. The burglar broke into the room after removing a windowair conditioning unit.

A television, VCR, DVD player and several DVDs were stolen, valuedat about $4,650.

Police have fingerprints, but are still investigating.

City Story