Suspect in vehicle thefts still missing

Suspect still missing
Last Thursday, two subjects, a male and a female, fled from police after attempting to steal a vehicle.

Continuing with the search, the San Diego State Police Department required helicopter support and eventually located the female suspect. The male suspect is described as an adult white male with a heavily tattooed head and wearing a white tank top. He was last seen near West Commons on the SDSU campus.

Pickup truck burglaries
Last week, nine reports were made in the course of two days, most of them issued on Monday evening, concerning stolen catalytic converters on a number of Toyota pickup trucks. Police say there is still no suspect information at the moment.

Citations on College Avenue
The popular stretch between Montezuma Road and El Cajon Boulevard on College Avenue is the top location for speeding citations given in San Diego County. Most of these are issued because of California’s “basic speed law,” the California Department of Motor Vehicle enforces near schools and residential areas.

According to the San Diego Police Department, there are various citizen requests made annually to enforce security for seniors residing in Jewish Family Service’s College Avenue Older Adult Center and those attending the synagogue.

This area generates $109,000 annually; 10 percent of this revenue goes to SDPD and 90 percent to the city’s general fund, which is San Diego’s primary funding source with reserves of more than $4 million.

–Compiled by Staff Writer Ana Ceballos

Suspect in vehicle thefts still missing