Crime Beat 3.1.2012

Sorority’s alcove defecated upon
Police received a call from the Delta Zeta Sorority at 6:44 a.m. last Friday concerning a homeless person defecating in the house’s alcove and leaving prophylactics on the property. Officials were unable to locate the suspect. If caught, the suspect could face trespassing charges.

Uninvited guest taken to jail
A report was made at 5:49 a.m. on Saturday to the San Diego State Police Department involving an unaccompanied subject sleeping in Zura Residence Hall. The non-student was later identified as the absent roommate’s guest a week prior. Once SDSUPD arrived at the scene the subject, who smelled like alcohol, was woken up and escorted out. On his way out of the room, he attempted to fight the officer. Consequently, he was taken to jail for obstructing a police officer.

Rooftop smokers disturb the peace
SDSUPD received a call at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday complaining about a large group of people on the roof of a house on Dorothy Drive being very loud and smoking marijuana. The roof-dwelling smokers had reportedly been active since 5 a.m. Police arrived at the scene and advised the group to get down from the roof, head inside and keep the noise down.

Ralph’s robber eludes capture
On Tuesday, a middle-aged white male arrived at Ralph’s grocery store on Montezuma Road and El Cajon Boulevard with a handgun. An unknown amount of money was stolen from the ATM inside the supermarket. The unshaven suspect was wearing a white T-shirt and jeans and was also described as having short, spiked black hair. The suspect was last seen heading east on foot at 11:09 a.m. Despite circulating helicopters searching for the suspect, he was not located.

Crime Beat 3.1.2012