New releases for 10/30

Courtesy Ubisoft

Today’s big release is the final chapter of the storied “Assassin’s Creed” series, “Assassin’s Creed III” (Playstation 3, Xbox 360). This final game in the main series introduces protagonist Connor, a half-Native American assassin in revolutionary America, while simultaneously wrapping up Desmond’s tale in present day. Releasing alongside “Assassin’s Creed III” is “Assassin’s Creed: Liberation” for the PlayStation Vita, which tells a concurrent story of another French-African female assassin, Aveline.

Also releasing today is the high- definition version of cult classic “Zone of the Enders” (PS3, Xbox 360), which bundles both “ZotE” games into the “Zone of the Enders HD Collection.” Fans have been clamoring for a “ZotE III” since creator Hideo Kojima (“Metal Gear” series) expressed interest in reviving the series.

Other major releases include the latest installment of the annual World Wrestling Entertainment series “WWE ’13” and often rebooted racing franchise “Need for Speed’s” successor to 2005’s “Need for Speed: Most Wanted,” (cleverly titled) “Need for Speed: Most Wanted.”

On DVD today is Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis’ political comedy “The Campaign.” The film, which is about a goofy political campaign between CEO Cam Brady (Ferrell) and milquetoast Marty Huggins (Galifianakis), garnered mixed reviews from critics, but performed moderately well at the box office.

New releases for 10/30