Hollywood Happenings

55th Annual Grammy Awards

by Brooke Schlyer, Staff Writer and Tori Haynes, Staff Writer

Celeb of the week:

The New York based-band Fun. earned a starring role at this year’s Grammys with nominations in all four major categories. The band rocked out in a powerful performance of “Carry On” as a downpour of staged rain began mid-song. The band took home awards for best new artist and the ever-coveted song of the year “We Are Young,” which was an almost instant No. 1 hit. Fun. released its debut album in 2009, in addition to remaking its sound with sleek electronic beats and a hip-hop-inspired approach to classic pop song writing, making the band stand out from the rest.

Romance:

Thirty-year-old Kelly Clarkson has been busy planning her wedding with her fiancé, music manager Brandon Blackstock. According to People Magazine, the happy couple will have an earthy outdoor wedding in Nashville, Tenn. next fall. The singer said she was surprised when Blackstock proposed and wishes she had been wearing something more glamorous than Uggs and a sweatshirt.

Adam Brody and Leightson Meester are two former teen TV show sensations who have found love. “The O.C.” and “Gossip Girl” stars have been dating for several weeks, according to Us Weekly. They formed a friendship while working together on “The Oranges” in 2011 and have since taken things to the next level. The two have been spotted several times by paparazzi at Meester’s house in Los Angeles as well as when they travel to Bangkok.

Sightings: 

In Hollywood, some of the most anticipated sightings are celebrities offering glimpses of their new bundles of joy. According to PopSugar, parents Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green traveled to Rio de Janeiro for Carnival,  as Fox is promoting Brahma beer. For the promotion, Fox brought along her 4-month-old son Noah Shannon Green. The paparazzi snapped a photo of the infant on Feb. 10 in his diaper and a T-shirt, playing with his feet. Maybe Noah will follow his parents and end up with a career in front of the camera.

Singer-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham debuted her Fall 2013 collection called Victoria Beckham at New York Fashion Week on Feb. 10. According to PopSugar, husband David Beckham and the couple’s daughter Harper sat front row during the show to support Victoria. Afterwards, the family dined at Balthazar in SoHo, which is a tradition for them after Beckham’s fashion shows.

Trivia: Valentines Day Tradition

1. This Hollywood couple became more than “friends” and tied the knot in 2000. They designed their own wedding rings and wanted the design to remain exclusive. They sued when the company started to sell and market the rings with their names. Yet, for the company to agree to stop making the rings, he had to design more jewelry for the company, and she had to model the jewelry.
A. Rachel Green & Matthew Perry

B. Courtney Cox & George Clooney

C. Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt

D. Lisa Kudrow & Matth LeBlanc

2. This baseball legend was Marilyn Monroe’s second husband, but they divorced after a short time. Rumors of remarriage swirled around the couple before her death. He showed his love for her by sending flowers to Monroe’s grave twice a week for 20 years.

A. Elvis Presley

B. Frank Sinatra

C. Dean Martin

D. Joe DiMaggio

3. This reality star had a 72-day marriage, which was filmed for her TV show.  Although not legally divorced, she’s already dating and pregnant with another celebrity’s baby.

A. Nicky Hilton

B. Kim Kardashian

C. Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi

D. Kendra Wilkinson-Basket

4. This actress played in the flick “Runaway Bride” and almost became one herself when she got cold feet and backed out of marrying actor Kiefer Sutherland three days before their wedding.  A. Julia Roberts

B. Naomi Watts

C. Sandra Bullock

D. Kate Hudson

5. While this couple never officially tied the knot, they’ve proven their love can withstand Hollywood’s biggest challenges. They met on a movie set back in 1968, when she was already married. They finally started dating 15 years later in 1983 and have been together ever since.
A. Sunny & Cher

B. Antonio Banderas & Melanie Griffith

C. Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell

D. John Travolta & Sandy Olsen

Hollywood Happenings