College Area restaurant fuels sushi addiction

Looking for a place to get your sushi fix? RB Sushi is the place to feed your seafood addiction. Conveniently located on El Cajon Boulevard and many other locations in San Diego, this sushi restaurant is a popular spot because of its fresh and high-quality offerings.

One of RB’s most exciting aspects is its all you can eat sushi. For $25 customers get three rounds of food. However, any leftovers the customer must pay for.

“When my friends and I go, we order light on rounds one and two and go all out on round three,” physical therapy junior Denny Taylor said.

For those who don’t feel like binge eating, there’s the option to order a la carte, which can be a little pricier. The menu includes more then 80 roll selections with creative names such as “UFO” and “Oh No!” The menu ranges from classic California rolls to exotic salmon skin rolls. There’s something to satisfy everyone.

Everyone at the restaurant is very friendly and accommodating. I ordered the spicy tuna roll; normally I don’t like sushi, but RB Sushi has definitely changed my mind—I absolutely enjoyed everything I ordered.  The restaurant is small, decorated with traditional Japanese art and has warm wood throughout. There is also a sushi bar where customers can watch the sushi being made.

“I took my girlfriend here on Valentine’s Day and we ordered the baked lobster rolls and thought it was delicious,” journalism junior Jack Haworth said.

RB Sushi hosts “Fusion Fridays” every Friday from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. where customers enjoy a 30 percent discount off sushi, drink specials and entertainment by local DJs. The El Cajon Boulevard location also offers free valet parking to all its customers.

RB Sushi is great for a friendly hang out or date night with your significant other.