Campus construction roadway update

Campus construction roadway update

Due to San Diego State campus construction from Monday, July 14 through Sunday, August 24, the roadway from the Facilities Services Building South to the Geology Mathematics and Computer Science building will be a single-lane road heading southbound between 4 a.m. and 6 p.m. according to an e-mail update by the Work Control Center.

Additionally, only passenger and light truck will be allowed to use the road between 4 a.m. and 6 p.m. Pedestrian traffic will be permissible between four and six. All other vehicles must use the southern campus entrance and exit onto College Avenue.

After 6 p.m. there will be no vehicle access between Facilities Services South and GMCS and no pedestrian access between Facilities Services and Engineering. All vehicles parked north and south of Engineering, between Engineering Lab and Instructional Technologies and in the lot north of GMCS must be moved by 6 p.m. to avoid being trapped until 4 a.m. the next morning.

Unexpected delays may last between 5 and 10 minutes from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.

This change is due to Phase 3 of the Steam Utilities Infrastructure Repairs Project that will maintain the main steam distribution system that heats the campus.

Camille Lozano, Assistant News Editor
Camille Lozano is the Assistant News Editor for The Daily Aztec. She started as a news writer in the summer of 2013. Camille will graduate with a B.A. in journalism in May 2015 and aspires to become an investigative and education reporter.
Campus construction roadway update