Scary flicks return to Landmark theater

The beloved Ken Cinema brings its annual frightening flick fest to Adams Avenue.

Landmark Theaters’ Ken Cinema continues its Saturday midnight movie tradition. Located in the happening neighborhood around Adams Avenue, Ken Cinema is San Diego’s last single-screen theater. Not only is it an iconic landmark, it’s one of the best places to catch obscure flicks.

Midnight Movie Madness is an October tradition anticipated by residents and Halloween fanatics in the area. The series began Oct. 4 with “Blazing Saddles” and continues every Saturday until Nov. 22. Students still have time to catch “Only Lovers Left Alive,” “Fateful Findings,” “Jurassic Park” and “Spirited Away.”

One highly recommended production is “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” playing Oct. 25 and Nov. 1. The Rocky Horror experience is provocatively entertaining at Ken Cinema, regardless of whether you’re a veteran or newcomer.

The beloved cult film featuring everyone’s favorite “sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania” is accompanied by interactive performances by the “Crazed Imaginations” Shadow Cast. Audiences are also welcome to participate in the on-screen callback action. Plus, who wouldn’t want to see Meat Loaf on a motorcycle?

The best part is that tickets are only $8.50. If you didn’t know before, now you know, so head over for a “late-night, double-feature picture show” fix at Ken Cinema.

Courtney Brown
Courtney Brown, Staff Writer
Scary flicks return to Landmark theater