Wyoming leads SDSU 28-25 at halftime in Las Vegas

Megan Wood

The San Diego State Aztecs (26-7, 14-4 Mountain West) trail the University of Wyoming Cowboys (24-9, 11-7 MW) 28-25 at halftime of the 2015 MW Tournament Championship game.

SDSU clawed its way back into this game after falling behind 14-2 in the first six minutes, outscoring Wyoming 23-14 to close the half.

Freshman forward Malik Pope leads the Aztecs with eight points on 3-4 shooting, while Wyoming senior forward Larry Nance Jr. leads all scorers with 12 points.

Senior forward Dwayne Polee II got the starting nod tonight in place of redshirt-sophomore guard Matt Shrigley. Polee isn’t on the scoreboard yet in this one.

Matthew Bain, Managing Editor
Matthew Bain is the managing editor for The Daily Aztec. He’s a senior journalism major with the Honors minor in interdisciplinary studies. His work has been featured in the The Daily Aztec, North Coast Current, SB Nation and Four El Magazine. He spent this past summer as a sports reporting intern with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Megan Wood, Photo Editor
Megan is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in journalism at SDSU. She is currently the photo editor at The Daily Aztec and has experience photographing a range of subjects from sports to breaking news as well as editing photos for web and print. In summer, she joined inewsource as a multimedia intern where she works alongside investigative reporters to produce multimedia stories, interpret data and manage social media. She hopes to pursue a career in photojournalism after graduation in May.